As per the above referenced letter, MHRD/AICTE has mandated that every undergraduate student should complete 3 internships each spanning at least for 4 weeks. The project TEQIP-III also emphasis as on improving the student employability and internship is a way to impart required skills and making the students industry ready. This is also incorporated in the PIP document.
For conducting internship in coming vacations, institutions/ATUs are advised to initiate devising mechanism immediately:
- Autonomous institutions should revise the curriculum so as to accommodate internships.
- ATUs should include it as a part of its curriculum for all its affiliated institutions accordingly.
- All project institutions should identify potential industries/organizations as partners for internships, preferably in its vicinity. Mentee institutions may also take help/support from their mentor institutions.
- Mentee/Mentor institutions and also ATUs may start writing the different institutions to accommodate their students in winter/summer vacations (with a specific period mentioned).
- MOUs may be signed with potential partners.
- Students that are attending internship, their travel expenses, boarding, lodging and sundry expenses as per the norms approved by the BoG may be booked under the project. However, fees if any may be borne by students.
- The students attending 12 weeks MITACS programme at Canada may be exempted for these internships.
- In addition, AICTE is also identifying organizations for internship. AICTE has recently signed an MoU with Internshala (http://internshala.com). Students can use Internshala platform for free internships. The details are enclosed as Annex-I.
- All autonomous/non-autonomous institutions and ATUs should revise their IDP and take approval of BoG. The revised IDPs should not be submitted now but to be submitted when required by NPIU.
- This activity has to be a part of Activity/Expenditure plan.
Prof (Dr) P M Khodke
Central Project Advisor
National Project Implementation Unit (NPIU)
EDCIL House, 4th Floor, Plot No. 18-A , Sector 16-A
NOIDA-201 301, Uttar Pradesh
EPABX No. 0120-2513921, 2513946
Fax Nos. 0120-2513926, 2512485
Email : [email protected]
Web : www.npiu.nic.in