Best Practice: Free Medical Health Checkup and Treatment at University’s Health Care Centre (HCC)
- To provide emergency and primary health care, guidance & counseling, free medical checkup, free medicines, and advice.
All the facilities, like medical check-ups and medicines, are made available free of cost to the students, staff, faculty members, daily wage workers, and their families. Thus, everyone on the University campus and nearby area is benefitted.
The HCC of the University provides free health checkups and medicines to everyone in the nearby community and even visitors also. Whenever any emergency arises or any unfortunate accident happens, the students get urgent treatment as the University is located away from the city area. Blood donation camps as well as vaccination camps are regularly arranged. During the pandemic situation of COVID-19, University ran the HCC and offered one hostel to work as a COVID center.
Evidence of Success
- The exam going students are under stress and become sick, and HCC provided timely help to them.
- Approximately Rs. 5,00,000 are spent on the medicines.
- HCC is a 5 bedded hospital with provision of Oxygen cylinders and other instruments.
- During the Nisarg Cyclone and pandemic situation, HCC proved a boon.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required
- Separate dedicated building can provide more space.
- Specialized visiting doctors are not ready to come.
- Blood investigation laboratory, ECG setup are required.
Total patients handled: 5523.