- About Department
- Message from the Head of Department
- Vision & Mission
- PEOs & Pos
- Overview of Academic Programme
- Additional Responsibility to the Faculty
- Members on Advisory Board
- Members on the Board Studies
- Major Instruments in Laboratory
- Departmental Student Association
The department of electrical engineering is one of the pioneer engineering
department of the University. The department had passed a journey of 27
I am proud to be the founder member of this department and happy to note
that based on excellent performance of students and staff, the department has
got accreditation from NBA for successively two terms from 2003 to 2006
and 2006 to 2009. The beginning of a P.G. course in power system with an
intake of 18 students is an extra feather to the department to initiate research
activity. The registration of research scholars in emerging areas of power
system and power electronics adds strength to research activity of the
The department believes in skill training thus has maintained well equipped
laboratories in the emerging areas with standard high end equipment. Many
of our aluminous have attained prestigious positions in organizations of
repute in India and abroad.
Vision: To be a leading center for transformation of new trends in Electrical
Energy and Technology through education, innovation of international
acceptance to national industries and local society at affordable cost.
Mission: To cater the needs of Electrical Engineering Graduates to excel in
the challenges of modern society through sound knowledge of fundamentals
and applications, To work intensely with industry leading to the
development of cutting edge and commercially-viable technologies
Message from the Head, Prof. Satarkar M. F. A. R.
The Department of Electrical Engineering has recorded consistent improvement in its academics from its inception in the year 1995, research and placement performance. It offers a range of innovatively designed syllabus and is constantly updated to meet the changing requirements of the industry and to meet the needs of major stakeholders.
We believe that our students have been well accepted in their job profiles and have consistently exceeded expectations of the corporate world.
During study at the department, the students are encouraged to get hands-on experience in the industries through internship training, industrial projects with reputed organizations. In their curriculum, they are encouraged to take up mini projects to supplement theoretical knowledge with practical experience. They also undertake projects benefiting local industries or dealing with local problems. These projects enable them to understand the relevance of working in a group and also help them to realize the finer aspects and importance of teamwork.
We also encourage students to organize different technical, cultural and sports events in the inter department level and within the department itself.
With all these inputs one finds our students hardworking, practical-oriented and effective in any work environment. We have designed our syllabus to strike a balance between professional knowledge and personal skills. We are confident that our current curriculum has enabled the overall development of budding engineers to come up with the expectations of the industries and different sectors of the corporate world.
The curriculum is taught by an experienced faculty combining academic excellence and real-world experience with dedication and commitment.
We are encouraged to see many industries coming back to our department, which reinforces our belief in the effectiveness of our curriculum and its suitability to meet the dynamic industrial world.
With this brief introduction, I welcome you to be a part of our journey towards being a world-class centre of excellence in education, training, and research.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates meet the challenges of modern society through viable engineering solutions.
- To prepare graduates to develop economically viable cutting edge technology for local industry. Need.
- To prepare graduates to inspire next generation graduates as successful engineer/ entrepreneur, scientist and researcher.
Programme Outcomes (Pos)
- Ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics, and electrical engineering principles for solving problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical power system problems
- Ability to understand and use different software tools in the domain of Electrical Machine, Power electronics, power system and control system simulations.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to coherently work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as well as through public speaking.
- Demonstrate ability to appreciate and engage in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
UG (B. Tech.)
PG (M. Tech.)
Designation / Role
Nature of Association
Mr. C. A. Juikar
Mrs. P. S. Padwal
Lab Assistant [Tech]
Mr. M. V. Korpe
Miss. P. D. Tembe
Name of Faculty
Prof. M. F. A. R. Satarkar
Head of Department
Coordinator- Academic Monitoring Committee of Department
Member- Women Grievance Cell
Coordinator- Students Counselling Cell of Department
Prof. M. F. A. R. Satarkar
Dr. D. J. Doke
Dr. M. K. Khedkar
Dr. S. E. Talole
Sri. Venktesh Kulkarni
Sri. Vivek Garg
Sri. Shivprasd Khened
Sri. Ajit Deshpande
Prof. S. M. Badave
Prof. N. J. Patil
Prof. M. F. A. R. Satarkar
Prof. B. Venkatesha Perumal
Prof. S. D. Agashe
Prof. M. A. Chaudhari
Name of Major Equipment/Facility
Cost (>Rs. 1,00,000/-)
DELORENZO Open Machine Lab
18.0 Lakh ( TEQIP-III)
Machine Lab equipment
4.86 Lakh( UGC fund)
Trident tech labs dept (5users) PSim software Suit
13.0 lakh ( TEQIP –II)
Wind turbine emulator
PV trainer and PV grid tied training system
Power Electronics Modules
FPGA kit (5)
D Space Unit Crane software
6.5 Lakh ( TEQIP-II)
Power quality analyzer FLUKE
Digital LCR meter (5)
Sphere gap apparatus
AC test kit
DC test kit
Transmission line simulator
Power system analyzer
Smart class room
HT Power electronics Lab