- About the Department
- Faculty and Staff
- Distinguished alumni
Department of Petrochemical Engineering holds the unique distinction of being the first department established in this university with the intake capacity of 30 students in 1989. Department has good infrastructure facilities, well equipped laboratories, advanced software and a blend of experienced and young dynamic faculty. Department have organized different workshops at national level on topics like Energy conservation, Plant Utilities and Steam Engineering in the last three years. From the academic year 2008-2009 the intake capacity of students for the department have been increased to 60 from 30.Over the years department faculty have received grants for different projects from AICTE,UGC and TEQIP. Department students are performing excellently in different fields like Industry, Academia, Research and Management all these years.
The Department of Petrochemical Engineering aims to be ranked amongst the best departments in India for its teaching, research, creativity and innovation.
To provide high quality education to enable our graduates to identify and achieve their goals.
Mrs. Radhika Rajesh Thale
Mr. Kailas P. Sontakke
Mr. Ganpat B. Paste
Departmental Faculty Activities:
- S. M. Mhatre participated & Completed AICTE training and learning (ATAL) academy online elementary FDP on “Emerging Trends in Characterization Techniques for applied polymer research” from 13/09/2021 to 17/09/2021 at central Institute of Petrochemical Engg. & Tech.
- S. M. Mhatre participated & Completed AICTE training and learning (ATAL) academy online elementary FDP on “Innovation Management” from 6/9/2021 to 10/09/2021 at DBATU Lonere.
- From our department Prof. V. K. Pawar and Prof. Pradip Nande have completed NPTEL – AICTE FDP on “ASPEN Plus Simulation on Software – A Basic Course for Beginners” (July – Oct 2021).
- From our department Prof. L.Y. Rawoot have completed NPTEL online course on “Material and Energy Balance Computations”.
- S. S. Metkar has attended five day’s professional development program on “Online modalities & professional communication” held during 14th to 18th Feb 2022.
- S. S. Metkar has attended FDP for YCIS satara on “Advanced Concepts of Outcomes Based Education” (24/03/2022).
- S. S. Metkar has participated in IP awareness / Training program under “National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission” on 3rd June 2022.
Departmental Staff Activities:
- R. R. Thale has participated in “Pradnya Parisar Prakalp” from 11/7/2022 to 15/7/2022 at DBATU Lonere organized by Institute of Psychological Health (IPH), Thane.
1. Petroleum and Petroleum Products Testing Laboratory.
This laboratory is equipped with all basic testing equipment’s required for conducting the prescribed tests for petroleum and petroleum products. All the tests are conducted as per the ASTM standards and students are given rigorous training by involving them actively with due precautions.
2. Petrochemical Synthesis and Petroleum Assay Laboratory
This laboratory is mainly used for dealing with synthesis part of petrochemicals. Laboratory has all the necessary equipment and facilities like different types of glass reactors and autoclave for conducting high pressure reactions. This laboratory have setups like True Boiling Point (TBP) apparatus, different test engines rigs like Diesel and Petrol Engines, split bed reactors etc.
3. Analytical Laboratory
This laboratory is equipped with modern and sophisticated instruments like GC, HPLC, UV-spectrophotometer, Trace metal analyzer, Ion chromatograph and Rheometer. Department has invested Rs. 50 lacs. for this laboratory and is mainly used by Final Year B.Tech. students, M. Tech. students and Research scholars for their research work.
4. Computer Laboratory
Department provides excellent computational facilities with the help of this laboratory. Laboratory has in all 15 computers with licensed software’s available for use.
This laboratory is used for conducting practical of subjects like Numerical methods and computer programming and others.
5. Petrochemical Engineering Lab:
This laboratory is equipped with all basic testing equipment’s required for conducting the prescribed tests for petroleum and petroleum products. Laboratory has all the necessary equipment and facilities like ASTM Distillation of Petroleum Products (Gasoline, Diesel), Flash & Fire point Determination of Petroleum samples by Pensky Martene Apparatus, Cloud and Pour Point Test Apparatus, Smoke point test apparatus, Copper strip corrosion test, Aniline Point determination, Carbon residue determination by Ramsbottom Method, Density & API gravity of Petroleum Products,Reid Vapour Pressure,Carbon residue determination by Conradson Method,Ash content of Petroleum products,Penetration index by needle & cone method, Flash & Fire point Determination of Petroleum samples by Abel’s Apparatus, Flash & Fire point Determination of Petroleum samples by Cleveland Open Cup Apparatus, Determining Softening Point of Bitumen.
6. Mass Transfer Operation Lab:
This laboratory is mainly used for performing the mass transfer operations. This laboratory has set up like Diffusivity, Wetted Wall Column, Simple Distillation, Batch Crystallizer, Water cooling Tower, Packed Bed Distillation Column, Sieve Plate Column, Flash Distillation,
Name of Alumini
Designation and Company
Mr. Siddhartha Desai
Entrepreneur ,Option Engineering Pvt. Limited, Jogeshwari Mumbai
Mr. Durgesh Karande
Asst. Vice President , Polaris Financial Technology Ltd.
Mr. Amit Agvekar
Manger –Projects, Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. Pune
Mr. Manish Garg
Sr. Project Engineer- Manglore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd.
Mr. Ravindra Bhosale
Manger-Project , Embio Limited MahadRaigad
Mr. Suyog Shet
Site Manager- Akzo Nobel Chemicals (India) Ltd. MahadRaigad
Dr. Shrish Sonawane
Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology – Warangal (A.P.)
Mr. Makarand Kurkure
Project Leader- Larson and Toubro Infotech Ltd, Powai Mumbai
Dr. Sharad Sonnatakke
Associate Professor Department of Chemical Engineering, ICT-Matunga
Mr. Laxmikant Powale
Lead IP Professional, GE India Technology Centre Pvt. Ltd Banglore
Mr. Ajit Pawar
Sr.Manager-Process & Tech.,ARMACO consultant Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai