Professor of Chemical Engineering
B.Tech., NIT (formerly REC) Warangal, 1984
M.Tech., NIT Warangal, 1987
Ph.D., IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, 1992
Laminar Flow Heat Transfer Augmentation
- Mane V. S., Vijay Babu P. V., (2011), Studies on the Adsorption of Brilliant Green Dye from Aqueous Solution on to Low-Cost NaOH Treated Saw Dust, Desalination, 273, 321-329.
- S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Heat Transfer in a circular tube and square duct fitted with swirl flow generators: A review, International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications, vol 2, no. 5, pp. 326-331, 2011.
- Y. P. Bhalerao, Suhas V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, “ Energy Retrofit Studies in Diethyl Thiophosphoryl Chloride (DETC) Plant, International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 439-444, 2011.
- S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Heat transfer enhancement for laminar flow of ethylene glycol through a square duct fitted with increasing and decreasing orders of twisted tape, International Journal of Heat Transfer – Asian Research (John-Wiley Publisher), vol. 41 (3), pp. 227-240, May 2012.
- S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Heat transfer and pressure drop studies through square duct fitted with increasing and decreasing order of twisted tape” Accepted for publication in International Journal of Heat transfer Engineering (Taylor and Francis Publishers), July 2012.
- S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Heat transfer enhancement through a square duct fitted with twisted tape inserts, International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer (Springer), vol. 48, pp. 1803-1811, 2012.
S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Experimental studies on mixed convection heat transfer in laminar flow through a plain square duct, International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer (Springer), vol. 48, pp. 2013-2021, 2012.
- S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Laminar flow heat transfer augmentation through a square duct
and circular tube with twisted tapes, Accepted for publication in International Journal of
Experimental Heat Transfer, Taylor & Francis Publishers, in October, 2012.
- Mane V. S., Vijay Babu P. V., (2013), Kinetic and Equilibrium Studies on the Removal of
Congo Red from Aqueous Solution using Eucalyptus Wood (Eucalyptus globules) Saw
Dust, Journal of Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 44 (1), 81-88.
- S. V. Patil, P. V. Vijay Babu, Experimental heat transfer and friction factor studies through a
square duct fitted with helical screw tapes, Accepted for publication in Canadian Journal
of Chemical Engineering, John-Wiley publishers, March 2013.
- Gaurav B. Daware and P. V. Vijay Babu, Coal Based Bottom Ash A Waste Material is
Attractive Adsorbent For 2-Picoline Removal From Waste Water, International Journal
of Biotechnology & Environmental Engineering (IJBCEE), 1-8, Vol. 1, (2), August
- Gaurav B. Daware, P.V.Vijay Babu and Bhausaheb L. Pangarkar, Adsorption of 2-picoline
from wastewater by agro coal ash: parametric, kinetic, equilibrium and thermodynamic features, Desalination and water treatment (Taylor and Francis), July 2013.
- Yavalkar S. P., A. G. Bhole, P. V. Vijay Babu and Chandra Prakash. Optimization of Lime-
Soda Process Parameters for Reduction of Hardness in Aquaculture Practices using Taguchi Methods. Accepted for publication in Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, NEERI, India.
- K. T. Jadhav, P. V. Vijay Babu, Effect of various parameters on formation of polyurea
microcapsules by interfacial polycondensation techniques, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 9, September-2013.
- M. W. Barve, P. V. Vijay Babu, Some studies on removal of phenol from waste water
using low cost adsorbent, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & ENGINEERING RESEARCH VOLUME 4, ISSUE 8, AUGUST-2013.