Dr. Lakshmi Narayan Singh
Professor & Head, Department of Physics
Ph.D: – Experimental Solid State Physics,I.I.T. Bombay, India 1992.
M.Sc.: – Physics (Nuclear) – 1985, Banaras Hindu, University Varanasi, India.
B.Sc.: – Physics (Hons.) – 1982, Bhagalpur University, India
Ph.D Thesis Title: – Magnetization, Anisotropy and Relaxation Studies in Y-Eu-Ga and Eu-Bi, Garnet Thin film.
Phone No. 9421006876 / 8087369025
Jan 2006 – Till date : Associate Professor & Head, Department of Physics
Dr. B.A.Technological University Vidyavihar,
Lonere, Raigad. Maharashtra, (India)
2006 August –Nov 2007: Associate Professor & Head, Department of Physics,
Gombe State University – Nigeria
2006 Oct. – Nov 2007 : Dean, Faculty of Science, Gombe State University,
Gombe – Nigeria.
2002 Augt. – 2006 Jan: Assistant Professor and Head of Department of Pysics,
Dr. B. A. Technological University, Lonere, Raigad,
Here, I am working on magnetic oxide film. I was involved in the deposition of Ferrites and Garnets films by liquid phase epitaxy technique. The characterisation involves low temperature magnetic studies. I was involved to do Ion-Implantation on this film and study the Effect of Ion-implantation on these film.The investigation is carried out with I.I.T. Bombay and T.I.F.R Bombay group. I am also involved in the study of nanostructured Ferrites for Recording and Biomedical application and CMR-GMR materials for Sensor applications.
1997 Augt. – 2002 Augt. :Senior Lecturer and Head, Department of Physics,
Dr. B.A. Technological University Lonere, Raigad, Maharashtra, INDIA
1993 Augt. – 1997 Augt. :Lecturer & Head, Department of Physics,
Dr. B.A. Technological University Lonere, Raigad,
I was involved in growing thin film of Garnets by Liquid phase epitaxy technique. The films have been characterised for thickness, lattice mismatch, magnetisation, line width and uniaxial anisotropy. Spin and magnetisation compensation points have been studied in detail.
1992 Sept. – 1993 Aug. : Lecturer, Department of Physics, Dr. B.A. Technological University Lonere, Raigad,
May 1992 – Sept., 1992 : Research Associate Advanced centre for Research in
Electronics and Materials science centre I.I.T Bombay
I was involved in deposition of the Ferrite film for magnetic recording media and its magnetic characterisation.
1991-1992 : Senior Research fellow, Advanced Centre for Research in Electronics, I.I.T. Bombay INDIA.
I was involved in deposition of YIG films by liquid phase epitaxy technique and characterisation of the film for Magneto static wave device application. I was also involved in growing the: Bi: EuIG film for magneto -optic application.
1986 – 1991 : Research Scholar, I.I.T. Bombay, INDIA.
During this period I was involved in study of Magnetisation, uniaxial anisotropy and relaxation in Y-Eu- Ga and Eu-Bi Garnet thin film. I had fabricated and design the three zone furnace for conducting the LPE growth of garnet film.
4. Research Interests: Magnetic, Magneto-optic Superconductivity, GMR,
CMR, Carbon Nano and Electronic materials,
synthesis, deposition, characterisation and device
5. EXPERIENCE (1992 – till date):
A. Teaching Experience: 20 years (UG / PG Course)
Name of the Subject
Solid State Physics
Electrical Engineering Materials
Components and Device Technology
B. RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: 20 years.
• Growth of single crystal Garnet thin films using liquid phase epitaxy technique.
• Ion-Implantation on the Garnet films.
• Study the magnetic properties of unimplanted and implanted garnet films.
• Low temperature magnetisation, uniaxial anisotropy and relaxation studies of garnet films.
• Magneto-optic properties of Bi substituted EuIG Film.
• Growth of Ferrite films for magnetic recording media.
• CMR, GMR, Carbon Nano Tube and their Synthesis and Characterization etc.
6. Administrative Experience / Ability:
a) Member of academic council (2010-2013)
b) Member of Executive council(2010-2013)
c) Member of IQAC
d) Dean, Faculty of Science, Gombe State University, Nigeria 2006 – 2007
e) Head, Department of Physics, Gombe State University, Nigeria 2006-2007
f) Head, Department of Physics, Dr. B.A. Technological University Lonere, Raigad, Maharashtra, INDIA 1993 – till date.
g) Professor Library Incharge 1992-1996.
h) Member of Board of studies of Humanities and Science.
i) Co-ordinator of Quality Circle of University
j) Member of Research, Development and Consultancy Committee
k) Member Academic Planning Committee
l) Member of Senate, Gombe State University, Nigeria(2006 – 2007)
7. Membership of Societies / Association:
a) Life Member of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI).
b) Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
c) Member of Indian Science Congress.
d) Member of Indian Physics Association.
8. Honours and Awards:
a) National Scholarship in School & College Level.
b) Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) qualified in 1985.
c) Junior Research fellowship, I.I.T. Bombay.
d) Senior Research fellowship, I.I.T. Bombay.
e) My name has been included in Who’s who in Science & Engineering 10th Anniversary Edition (USA).
9. Abroad Visit:
• USA, May 11-June11, 2005 for attending IIT Global Conference in D.C. Washington USA
• USA, August 22- Sept. 24, 2004 for presenting Research Paper in the 9th International Conference on Ferrites in San Francisco, California and visited Berkeley , Stanford, Maryland, Washington, Princeton, Rutgers, Morgan, John Hopkins, Oakland, Wyne State Universities and NASA Ames Research Centre, California.
• Italy (Rome), 27th July to 1st August 2003 for presenting Research paper in the International Conference on Magnetism, ICM-2003.
• Germany, August 02-07, 2003, visited Karlsruhe University, Institute for Nanotechnology Karlsruhe, Max-Planck Institute Stuttgart University, Konstanz University, Frie University, Technological University, Humboldt University and Fritz Haber Institute of Max Planck Society, Berlin.
• Singapore, 1-10, July, 2001 for presenting research paper in the International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technology and visited a National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University , Institute of Materials Research and Engineering and Data Storage Institute Singapore
• Japan Sept.17- 30, 2000 for presenting Research paper in the 8th International Conference on Ferrites in Kyoto and Tokyo and visited Kyoto University, Osaka University, Waseda University, Waseda University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Materials Research Centre and TDK Factory Narita and National Institute of Materials and Chemical Research Tsukuba.
• Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore 15th April – 27th 2007 April Educational Trip.
• France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, U.K. Belgium, Austria 3 may 2009-20 may 2009 , Educational Trip.
a) Delivered a seminar on “Magnetic properties of LPE Grown- EuGa: YIG films” at Materials Science and Engineering Department Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan September 22,2000
b) Delivered a seminar on effect of Ion-Implantation in LPE Grown EuGa : YIG Films at Physics Department in Waseda university Tokyo, Japan September 28, 2000
c) Delivered a seminar on magneto-optic properties of BI : EuIG films at National Institute of Inorganic Materials and Chemical Research Tsukuba, Japan September 29,2000
11. Number of Ph. D. Students: Five
– Presently I am supervising 5 Research students in the field of Magnetic materials, Ferrites, GMR/CMR and carbon Nano Tube.Two got ph.D Degree and 1 students submitted his thesis.
Sr. no. Name of student Title of thesis Status
1 Mr.Sandesh V.Jaybhaye Hydrogen adsorption/desorption by carbon nanomaterials Degree awarded(5/5/2010)
2 Mrs. N.B.Srivastava Mechanism of Transport and colossal Magneto resistance in Manganites Degree awarded(10/12/2012)
3 Mr.K.D.Barhate Development of electrode for hydrogen / oxygen fuel cell using carbon nanotube. Thesis submitted in 13/6/2012
4 Mrs.S.G. Dahotre Study of Ferrites at nanolevel for Magnetic recording and Biomedical application Pre-synopsis Completed. Thesis to be submitted
5 Mr.U.L.Shinde Transport and Magnetic properties of doped rare earth Manganites. Pre-synopsis Completed. Thesis to be submitted
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
1. “Synthesis and Characterization of Nanoferrite” S.G.Dahotre , L. N. Singh, Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, Volume 3 , Issue 3, July 2013, 199-204.
2. “Study of Magnetic Properties of Nanostructured Mn-Zn Ferrite” S.G.Dahotre , L. N. Singh, “Archives of Physics Research “,2011,2(1):81-89 ISSNO976-0970, CODEN(USA):APRRC7.
3. Correleted polaron transport and metal- insulator transistor in La1-x SrxMnO3
N.B. Srivastava, L.N. Singh and C.M. Srivastava, Journal of Applied Physics 07D704 (2009).
4. Small polaron transport and colossal magneto resistance in La2/3 Ca1/3 MnO3 C.M. Srivastava, N.B. Srivastava, L.N. Singh and D. Bahadur Journal of Applied Physics105, 1 (2009).
5. Ferromagnetic Resonance and Relaxation in LPE-grown bismuth substituted europium iron garnet films. L. N. Singh, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 272-276 (2004)2244-2246.
6. Spin and magnetisation Compensation points in LPE grownY2.4Eu0.6GayFes-y012 garnet thin films.L. N. Singh and C.M.Srivastava, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 128, 42-46 (1993).
7. Development of Hydrogen Electrode for Alkaline Fuel Cell-1 K.Barhate, M.Sharon, L.N.Singh, M.Sharon The Open Fuel Cells Journals, 2011,4, 30-33.
8. “A study of Hydrogen adsorption by Spiral Carbon Nano Fibres synthesized from acetylene” S. Jaybhaye, Maheshwar Sharon, L. N. Singh and Madhuri Sharon. International Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic and Nano-Metal Chemistry (SRINMC), 36:1-5(2006).
9. Porous Carbon from Natural Source and its use in Hydrogen Storage” S. Jaybhaye, M. Sharon, L. N. Singh, D. Sathiyamoorthy, K. Dasgupta and M.Sharon;Indian Journal the proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences, India vol. LXXIX (2009).
10. Ferromagnetic Resonance and Relaxation in LPE-grown bismuth substituted europium iron garnet films. L. N. Singh, Proceeding of 9th International conference of Ferrites San Francisco, California, USA (2004)161-163.
11. Effect of Ion – Implantation in LPE grown EuLaGa : YIG and EuGa : YIG films.L.N.Singh, Proceeding of 8th International conference on Ferrites Kyoto Japan(2000)731-733.
12. Mn-Zn Ferrite Nanoparticles: preparation and properties S.G.Dahotre and L. N. Singh, Proceeding of International Conference on Materials Science Research and Nanotechnology ICMSRN 2008.
13. Study of Magnetic properties of Nanostructured Mn-Zn ferriteS.G.Dahotre and L. N. Singh,Proceeding of International Conference on Recent Trends in Materials and Characterization RET MAC 2010.
14. Optical absorption studies in Eu:YIG thin films.L.N.Singh, Proceeding of International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technology, held in Singapore, July 1-6, 2001.
15. Magnetic and Transport Properties of Al2O3+MgO substituted LCMO magnetite. L. N. Singh and U. L. Shinde Proceeding of Materials Research Society of India, AGM 2005, Pune.
16. Ferromagnetic Resonance Study of Mn – Zn Ferrite. L. N. Singh and S. G. Dahotre, Proceeding of Materials Research Society of India, AGM 2005, Pune.
17. Effect of Ion-Implantation in LPE grown Y-Eu-Ga Garnet thin films.L.N.Singh and C.M.Srivastava, Proceeding Solid State Physics Symposium vol. 33C,365 (1991).
18. “Synthesis of CNMS from Natural source and its used in hydrogen storage”, Maheshwar Sharon, Madhuri Sharon, L. N. Singh and Sandesh Jaybhaye, Proceeding International Conference on Molecules to Materials(ICMM), (2006)53-55.
19. Studies of Carbon Nanostructures Synthesized from Bitter Almond and its Hydrogen Adsorption CapacityS.V.Jaybhaye, D, Kshirsagar, L. N. Singh, M.Sharon and M.SharonNanostructured Materials for electronics, Energy and Environmental Applications. 371 – 376 (2010) Mac millan Publishers India Limited.
20. “A Study Hydrogen Adsorption on CNMS with variation in pressure” Sandesh Jaybhaye, Maheshwar Sharon, L. N. Singh,Proceeding of International Conference Nano Materials, NANO 2005 at Sivakashi,Tamilnadu, pp: 719 – 722, July 13th – 15th (2005).
21. Enhanced Hydrogen Adsorption on Carbon Nano Fiber by Activation
M.Sharon, M.Sharon, L.N.Singh, D. Sathiyamoorthy, K.Dasgupta and S.V.Jaybhaye. Indo Carbon Conference Proceeding 2006 145-150
Paper presentation/participation in INTERNATIONAL Conference/School/Workshop:
1. Paper presented in Indo-Singapore symposium on Advanced Functional Materials (AFMS-06), IIT Bombay, February 24-26, 2006
2. Paper presented in International Conference on Physics for world and society celebration of world year of physics – 2005, at Bikaner and Jaipur, December 2-4,2005
3. Paper presented in International symposium on Advance Materials and processing, IIT, Kharagpur, Dec. 6-8, 2004.
4. Paper presented in 9th International Conference on Ferrites, San Francisco, California, USA, Aug 22-27,2004
5. Paper presented on International Conference on Magnetism, held in Roma-Italy, July 23-Aug.1, 2003.
6. Paper presented on International symposium on Recent Advances in Inorganic Materials (RAIM) IIT Bombay, Dec.11-13, 2002.
7. Paper presented on International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technology, Singapore, July 1-10, 2001.
8. Paper presented in 8th International Conference on Ferrites Kyoto, Japan Sep 18-21(2000).
9. Satellite Conference on Science and Technology of Multilayer Ferrite Devices Tokyo, Japan Sep 25-27,( 2000 ).
10. Indo-Italian Workshop on the Physics and Technology of Communication. TIFR Bombay March 21-23 (1996).
11. 5th International conference on Ferrites Bombay Jan 10-13(1989).
12. International school on crystal growth and characterisation of Advanced Materials for Solid State application, Madras. Jan 25-Feb, 5 (1988).
13. Paper presented on 7th International Conference on Thin Films, I.I.T. Delhi, India Dec. 7-11(1987).
14. International college on Electronic Properties of Condensed Matter I.I.T. Bombay Dec 1-15 (1988).
15. Paper presented in International conference on Nanomaterials and applications, Shivaji University, Kolhapur December 9-11, 2008.
Papers presentation/participation in NATIONAL Conference/ Symposium/ Workshop / School:
1. 16th Annual General Meeting & Symposium of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI ) National Chemical Laboratory, Pune Feb 10-12,2005
2. 15th Annual General Meeting & Symposium of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI ) BHU Varansi Feb 9-11( 2003 )
3. 13th Annual General meeting& Symposium of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI) Hyderabad Feb 7-9 (2002).
4. 12th Annual General meeting& Symposium of Materials Research society of India (MRSI)Science City, Kolkata31st Jan.-2nd Feb. (2001).
5. Advance Materials Workshop, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advance and Research Banglore Dec. 3-4, 2001.
6. National Conference on Computational Materials science BARC Bombay July 27-29 (2000).
7. 11th Annual General meeting & Symposium of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI) Baroda Feb 3-5 (2000).
8. Indian Science Congress, Pune Jan 3-7 (2000).
9. School on Ultrahigh Vacuum Techniques, New Delhi, Sep, 6-10(1999).
10. National seminar on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Cochin, Feb, 22-23(1999)
11. 2nd National conference for Higher Technical Education and Training, Shegaon Jan 22-23(1994).
12. Solid State Physics Symposium Bombay Jan 1-4(1994).
13. Solid State Physics Symposium Bombay Jan 1-4(1994).
14. Workshop on Science and Technology Thrust for rapid development of Ferrites in India, I.I.T. Bombay Jan 12 (1991)
15. Solid State Physics Symposium Bombay Dec 27-30(1989)
16. Workshop on Microscopy Techniques, I.I.T. Bombay 25 Feb, (1998)
17. Solid State Physics Symposium, Bhopal Dec 20-23(1988)
18. Workshop on Fluorescence Spectroscopy- Principle and Application, RSIC I.I.T. Bombay April 11-13(1998).
19. Solid State Physics Symposium, Bombay, Dec 27-31(1987).
20. National Conference on Recent Trends in Nano Sciences, Birla College, Kalyan March 1-2 (2012).
Winter School/Summer School/QIP Short-term course:
1. Training programme under TEQIP in Enhancing skills for system program for Deans and HODs, VIT Pune, March 2-3 (2009).
2. Training programme under TEQIP on creativity and Innovation Techniques and Patenting in India and Abroad, Dr.BATU,Lonere,April 20-21,2006
3. Induction Training Programme for Engineering College Teachers organized by NITTR Bhopal, May2-13, 2006.
4. Training programme under TEQIP on Management Capacity and Vision Development at N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research Mumbai;
January 23-25, 2006.
5. AICTE – ISTE sponsored short term training programme on Introduction to Software Architecture, Dr. B.A.Tech.University Lonere, June 23-July 4, 2003.
6. AICTE – ISTE sponsored short term training programme on VLSI: Technology of the Future, Dr. B.A.Tech.University Lonere, 12 – 25th February 2003.
7. AICTE – ISTE sponsored short term training programme on campus wide network administration Dr. B.A.Tech.University Lonere 13 – 25th January 2003.
8. AICTE – ISTE sponsored short term training programme on Digital Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Dr. B.A. Tech. University Lonere July 30th – August 11th 2001.
9. AICTE – ISTE sponsored short term training programme on Intelligent Materials for the New Millennium, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry, May – 21 June1, 2001.
10. Synergogy seminar, Dr. B.A. Technological University Lonere March 17th – 18th and April 1-2 (2000).
11. A Refresher Course in Physics (Information Technology and Instrumentation), Bombay University, Nov 29-Dec 23 (2000).
12. AICTE – ISTE Winter school on Total Quality Management, Bombay March 16th – 27th (1998).
13. Summer school on Education Technology Dr. B. A. Tech. University Lonere May 10th – 21st (1998).
14. AICTE winter school on laser based Instrumentation, I.I.T. Kharagpur Dec. 14th – 25th (1998).
15. QIP short-term course on Technology Management, I.I.T Bombay Dec 7th – 13th (1998).
16. ISTE Summer school on Nuclear Energy and its application, T.T.T.I Chandigarh July 20-31 (1998).
17. QIP short-term course on Stirling cycle liquid Nitrogen plants, I.I.T. Bombay June 15th – 19th (1998).
18. QIP short-term course on Electrochemical Techniques: Principle and Practice, I.I.T. Bombay May 11-16 (1998).
1. Prof. D. Bahadur, Department of Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science I.I. T. Bombay,400076
2. Prof. S. Major, Head, Department of Physics, I. I. T. Bombay, 400076
3. Prof. M. Sharon, Department of Chemistry, I. I. T. Bombay, 400076
4. Prof. C. M. Srivastava, Department of Physics, Professor Emeritus I. I. T. Bombay , 400076